Training will commence for the Blackwood Football Club teams from this Monday the 18th of May 2020. Following the release of the Return to Play Road Map and Protocols by the SANFL on 9 May 2020, the club committee has been working hard to examine the details and plan the way forward for the Woods in Season 2020.
Following the protocols as provided by the SANFL, teams of the Blackwood Football Club will start to commence training from Monday 18 May 2020 under the following strict conditions:
- Teams will be split into groups of 10 and assigned to a zone during their allocated training session. Groups will stay contained within that zone during the session.
- There will be not contact between players during drills e.g. no tackling/bumping/contested marking contests.
- Social distancing still needs to be adhered too (maintain a 1.5 metre separation).
- The change-rooms will NOT be open. Players will need to be ready to go when they arrive.
- If a player requires strapping, they will need to do it themselves. There will also be no player massages.
- The toilets will be opened if a player or official needs to use them.
- Players are to bring their own drink bottle & towel.
- Players are reminded not to spit or clear their nasal passage during training. They should avoid high fives, handshakes or other contact.
For parents and caregivers of players, it has been recommended by the SANFL to drop players or for only one parent attend the training session with their child if necessary. If you are intending to stay, you must stay away from training groups and maintain social distancing measures of 1.5 metres, and no more than 1 person per 4m2.
It’s also important that if any player or official, or the people they have been in contact have been sick, that they don’t attend training.
Our Senior and Junior Football Directors have worked to establish a temporary training schedule which works with guidelines provides. The schedule for your team will be communicated to you by your coach and relevant coordinator
Return to Play Education Suite
The SANFL has developed a suite of education resources which assist us to be safely return to training. Each training video goes for approximately 5 minutes, with the exception of the Health Department’s Infection Control Training which takes approximately 15-30 mins to complete.
These training videos have been developed to educate our entire football community, and we encourage all players, coaches and officials to undertake the training. To view the education resources, please click here
Critical to the return to play framework is having the confidence to quickly trace and manage any outbreaks of COVID-19 in the community. The SANFL has urged everyone associated with football, including players, coaches, umpires, officials, volunteers and supporters, to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe App.
Whilst download the app is completely voluntary, the app provides the government with the confidence they can quickly trace and manage outbreaks of COVID-19 in the community. To download the app, head to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and search for COVIDSafe
The football club committee also reminds our that under current State Government restrictions, clubs must limit the number of people that attend their grounds for training sessions. We therefore ask all our passionate supporters to please stay away from the training sessions for the time being.
We thank you for your ongoing support and understanding in these unprecedented times.
Blackwood Football Club Committee