The Blackwood Football Club was established in 1912. Known as the Woods, we play Australian Rules Football in the suburb of Blackwood, South Australia, some 13 kilometres south of the Adelaide CBD.
We currently play in the Hills Football League, with 25 sides ranging from Under 8’s right through to Seniors. We also provide an avenue for Women and Girls to play football having teams in the Under 10s, 12s, 14s, 16s, 18s and Open Women’s competitions.
– To provide an opportunity for local members to play at the highest level and reach their full potential
– To participate in a safe and friendly environment and to experience the highs and lows that team sport brings
– To foster and encourage a supportive and family environment to members of the community
– To be the most successful club in the Hills Football League and the most recognised Amateur Football Brand
– To win A grade premierships by playing competitive, team-based, inspirational football, and providing a pathway for juniors through the best junior program in Adelaide
– Excellence – Uncompromising around the quality of football we play, and involve the best people for the club’s development
– Pride – Proud of our history and accomplishments as a club
– Community Spirit – include and community orientated with teams, membership and general public